Star Wars Roleplaying Resources

July 04, 2006

The Tale of Tyria Regalia

Tyria - Age 13

"....Recently, Rebel aggressors, attacking from a hidden base. Destroyed an Imperial Space Station. The attack was unwarranted and unprovoked. The Imperial Navy is still in pursuit of these Terrorists, but many of them are ex-Military, or unregistered Aliens, meaning they are hard to trace throughout the Galaxy. Anyone with information about these Terrorists should notify the authorities immediately if not for civic duty, the 20,000 Credit tip reward should be incentive enough to come forward. Just remember, the more the Navy knows, the more they can do to protect."

"In more local news, the Bakur RepulsorCorp has seen it's fifth quarter of steady growth. Commenting on this good news is Chairman of the Board, Huer Bynan."

"Well, yes, this cer...."

I called out. "Mom, mom, you're in the news." Mom is Huer Bynan's secretary. While he was being interviewed, she had come up to him and whispered something in his ear, and he finished up his interview after that.

"I'm in the news?" my mother said as she walked over to the Holoprojector. "Oh, I forgot they came to interview Huer today. Yep, it would seem now I'm famous, I guess I'll have to go get an agent, and see if I can get any autograph sessions started." my mother said, joking with me. "Now, come on Terra, that's enough time wasted on the news. Go and do your homework before your father gets home."

"Uncle Mox is coming over for dinner tonight, right?" I asked not quite ready to end the discussion and head upstairs.

"Yes, my brother, said he'd be here, but his word has never been very good to rely on. I only tolerate my older brother's company to make sure he's keeping out of trouble. I promised Grandma and Grandpa that I would before they went on to the Next Life. Now, no more stalling, young lady, go to work."


An hour or so later while I was reading some material on the Clone Wars, I heard the sound of the entrance door closing. I dropped the book, and went to go greet my father. I ran down the stairs ready to leap into his arms like I always do. But to my surprise, he wasn't there waiting for me. I heard my parents discussing that space station attack from the kitchen. "You know I won't do anything to embarrass you, but you know I still have my suspicions about what he does." I heard my dad say loudly, like he was angry. Instead of finding out what was going on, I decided to go back to my book. The Clone Wars were really fascinating. The Jedi sounded wonderful. Leading the armies of the Republic into battle. I can't understand how they could be guilty of trying to over throw the government they were trying to protect. Atleast that's what my teacher told us they tried to do, before he gave us this material.


Shortly after returning to my book, I heard the sound I'd been waiting to hear all day. The visitor tone was ringing in a little rhythm my Uncle taught me. Again, I dropped the book, and ran down the stairs. This time the person was waiting for me. And I leapt into Uncle Mox's arms, and he gave me his usual hug, with my feet off the ground.

"Do you ever stop growing?" He started, setting me down."Everytime I come here, it gets harder to hold you up like that. Then he was looking over the top of my head, with his face wearing a more serious expression. "Good evening, Ponic."

"Hello, Mox, how's the trading business." I heard the way he said, trading, but I didn't know what to make of it.

"It could be better, Customs slow things down everywhere I go. With the Rebellion going on, I can't blame them for being cautious, but it tends to hurt the little guys like myself. How about you, the Navy still treating you well?"

My dad didn't answer, just turned away and returned to the kitchen.

Uncle Mox turned back to me and said, "Still as stiff as ever I see. Well, I just happen to have brought presents this visit. But I think we should keep them a secret from your parents. How about we go up stairs?

I just nodded and ran up the stairs.

Upstairs, Uncle Mox, reached into his bag and brought out a datapad. "This has got a bunch of pictures from my traveling. Look at the first one." I did, it was a picture of a ship, upon closer inspection I noticed someone standing next to it. It was Uncle Mox. Under the picture was the title, Moxie and I. That's me and my ship, Moxie. She has never let me down. Jeez, I've been doing all the talking since getting back. How about you, how is your schooling coming?

I spent the next 15 minutes explaining the Clone Wars assignment and talking about how the part about the Jedi didn't sit well with me. It just didn't make sense. My uncle listened and nodded in silent agreement.

"Well, since you mention that, I'll tell you a secret, in all my years, I've met two Jedi, one when I was a boy, a tad younger than you. I was walking home from school, and I happened to come across him. He was walking down the street towards me, probably heading to the Bakur Complex, I think he was here on business about the Clone Wars. Well, anyway, I remember him looking right at me, I didn't dare meet his eyes, but somehow I could just feel he was looking at me, and smiling. I could tell he was a Jedi by the way he was dressed. The second Jedi I met just a few weeks ago, I thought they were all gone, but I saw one. It was in a cantina on Tatooine, I recommend staying away from there if you can. This Jedi looked pretty old, but he was amazing. He was about to be attacked by two guys, when he brought out his lightsaber and chopped off one of their arms and wounded the other guy. Anyway, try to keep this between us, your parents would be mad at me for telling you this."


Mom called us down to dinner a few minutes later. It was the same whenever, Uncle Mox came over. My mother would try to act like she really enjoyed having Mox over, but in reality she was only doing this for her dead parents. My father sat like he was being addressed by an Admiral, very rigid, with a stern face on, while eating his dinner. Where as Uncle Mox would tell story after story about the things he'd seen on the worlds he'd made deliveries to.

After dinner, my started to clean up, and I went to the refresher. While in there, I heard an elevated voice coming from downstairs. I couldn't hear what was being talked about though. I came back down, and saw Uncle Mox standing by the door. I looked around the room, no one else was there. He gave a faint smile upon seeing me again. "Well, Terra, I think this'll be our last good-bye for a while. Remember to keep up in your schooling, and don't let them tell you how to think, decide on things for yourself. If we give up our individuality, we have nothing left. I don't like to speak ill of people, but your father is a good example of someone who doesn't think for himself." We gave each other one last, long hug. "Good Bye, Terra, I know you'll go far. I just hope it's far from this place."




Tyria - Age 20

Two years after the Ssi-Ruuk attacks on Bakura, Terra and her parents are still there. Her father left the Imperial Navy after the attacks, and joined the Bakura Customs Office. Her mother is still the Chairman of the Board's secretary at Bakur RepulsorCorp. And Terra's off at one of the University's. She's going to classes, but not sure of her goals yet.


"Hepre, do you ever get the feeling that you were meant for more than this?" I said, looking up at the stars.

"No, Terra, I've always been happy where I am, because I know I'm living the life layed out in the 'Fulcrum.' I'm a child of the feather, and I've learned to appreciate all that life as to offer with that destiny. What about you though, you aren't a child from a Faith Family, do you ever get the feeling you were meant for more than what you have? Hepre replied, throwing my question back at me. That's what I get for discussing destiny with a Faith Student.

I dwelled on his question for a second. Although the question had already been in my mind before he asked it. "Ever since I was little I've wanted to wander the Galaxy, like my uncle. He was a free trader, he owned his ship, and went where ever the cargo took him. I haven't seen him for several years. I miss hearing his stories about other planets and species, they all sound so fascinating compared to this backwater planet. I think the lack of stories is bringing out the curiosity in me, and calling me to go."

"Calling you to go where?" He asked in a very confused voice. As he leaned up onto his elbows.

"Up there." I said, pointing to the stars. "Up to the stars, and the planets, to the aliens and the unknowns. I guess I shouldn't expect you of all people to understand." I commented, rolling over onto my side. "After all, you are exactly like my father. Unable of thinking for yourself, you have to cling to someone else's beliefs and use them as your own. But that's also what I love about you, it's something I'm not capable of."

"Terra, you make it sound like me, and everyone who believes in the 'Balance' is selling ourselves short. It's not like we're forced to believe it, it's a choice we all have. I'm still thinking for myself, I just use my faith, as a pathway. That's been well worn, by the people who came before me."

"That's what I'm talking about though, Hepre. This entire planet is a well worn path. There's nothing new to discover here, nothing new to learn. I need to find a path that hasn't been traveled on, atleast one that hasn't been traveled on for some time." I said, starting to get a little angry.

"I'm sorry if I've offended you, but this is who I am, and what I believe." Hepre said, as he stood up. I stood up just after him. "Oh yeah, before I forget, I got this for you. He reached into his bag and pulled out a datapad and a cable. "I noticed the one you use is a much older model, and I know what you keep on there, so I thought you'd like to put it on something that'll last longer. Happy Birthday, Terra" With that he kissed me and left.


I now felt guilty for getting angry. I took the datapad and went back to my room. I began copying files over to the new pad. I got done with the pictures, and then I realized there was a lot more stuff on here. I browsed around the stuff until I came to a file called Terra. I opened it up, it was a letter from Uncle Mox saying how he knew I'd find this eventually.



Terra,
I knew you'd eventually look around this datapad and find the stuff I put on here. You were always the daughter I never had. I wish I could have taken you with me. You and I are so alike, I can feel the sense of adventure that drove me to the stars, in you. I have no doubts that someday you'll make it. It only requires a little courage to get started, but you'll find things will fall into place if you want them to. I've left a list of contacts on here, in case you ever feel like following my path. One bit of advice, I would change your name, because your father won't let you go that easily. I know I wouldn't, if I were him.

Good Luck Terra, I know you can do it.




I was taken aback at first, I'm just realizing I had this need for adventure, and he had known it 7 years ago? I was feeling re-energized now, finally some words of confidence had floated my way. I did have reservations about just flying off without telling my parents, but Uncle Mox was right about my father. My father had connections and would track me down and drag me home, just so I wouldn't get hurt.

While I was sitting there thinking over all that I'd just found out, my terminal started to beep, signalling a HoloNet Message from someone.
I checked the terminal, it was from my mother.

"Terra, honey, I have some awful news." She said not trying to sound satisfied. "Your uncle has been arrested by your father for smuggling stuff into Bakura. It happened just last week, I wanted to tell you sooner, but your father wouldn't let me until the investigation and trial were completed. I know how much you wanted to see him again, but I'm afraid that isn't possible now. He was shipped off to Kessel this morning."

Upon hearing that, I turned off the monitor, packed up what little I needed, left Hepre a note, saying 'I've found my path, Thank you for being there when I needed you, good bye' and left.




Tyria - Age 21

I had found someone to forge me new Identification Information under the name Tyria Regalia. And I even learned a little about how I could do it myself, if I ever needed to. I had taken Uncle Mox's contact list and got work from a Duros Smuggler named Tren Luk. In return for my services as his Sensor Operator, and occasional Gunner, I recieved a small percentage of the profits, as well as free lessons in flying.

I parted ways with Tren after a year. We had just landed at Coronet on Corellia, after a rather close call. We had been boarded by CorSec Customs Division while waiting to land on the planet. While they were on board the Ryant Edi we had a slight power flux which put us on emergency power for a few minutes, Tren was hesitant about going back to the Engine Hatch to fix the problem, because that was where some of are 'Cargo' was stashed. And while being inspected, the officials tend to stick to you like a mynock on a ship, just to make sure you don't do anything fishy. We kept telling them this was normal, and it would only last a minute or so. But after three minutes of sitting there, they asked Tren to go see if there was anything he could do to fix the problem. No sooner did they ask him to go take a look, the power came back on.

"I hate to leave you like this," he apologized, "but after that little incident I think the ship could use some maintanence, and I could use a little rest myself, so I think I'm going to lie low a while. Here's your cut on this last trip, and a little something extra to hold you over till you can find some more work."

"Thanks for everything, Tren. I'm sure the flying lessons will help me find some new work. Good luck with the repairs, and the rest." With that, I took my gear bag, and headed out of the ship and the hangar, looking forward to my next job, whatever it would be.

Tyria - Age 23

I couldn't get a hold of any of Uncle Mox's contacts on Corellia, so I set out by myself, to find employment. I've found almost anything can be found when there are credits there to unseal some lips. My second frieghter was owned by a female Devorian, Sarcia Dendo. She had recently lost her pilot in a Cantina Brawl, he wasn't part of it. But he did get stuck in the middle of it, and did not make it out.

"I need to warn you in advance, I've been trained to fly the ship, but I've never piloted while in a combat situation. I can't make any promises about my performance." I said nervously.

"Don't worry about it, kid, if we get into a fight then I've done something terribly wrong. I haven't found a situation yet, that I couldn't talk my way out of. So don't worry about it, I'm sure you'll do fine." She said to comfort me.

Sarcia wasn't kidding, I flew for Sarcia for two years and we never fired the cannons once. Well, atleast not at another ship. We ended up going through an Asteroid field to land at a Pirate Base we needed to deliver to. That was nerve-wracking to say the least.

I took notice of Sarcia when she was doing her talking. It wasn't just how convincing she was when she talked to people, but also how she carried herself when she walked or even just stood there. She put off an air of confidence that made it hard to tell if she was telling the truth or not, and made her very trustworthy to most of the people we met. I noticed it also helped when she thought she could get some more money out of the client we were working for.

It wasn't fear that got Sarcia to stop being a smuggler, it was something quite different. Love. While on Bespin for a little gambling, she met, and immedeatily fell in love with a Devorian named Vilmarh Jit. From what I could tell, they did have a lot in common. So I think they made a nice pair. Sarcia decided she didn't want to ruin it, by leading a life of crime anymore. So they started up as a legitimate transport service. He was a capable pilot, so I didn't feel too bad having to leave her services. I think they were both in good hands.

I got lucky looking for my next job. I tried down the list of contacts again, and scored a hit in Bespin, Marco Drugen. Only problem was, he didn't want me.

"Look little girl, I've told you already, I don't want someone who can't pull their own weight on my ship." Marco said as I approached him for the third time.

"What can I do to convince you to hire me for your crew?" I asked.

He looked at me a second, sizing me up, granted I'm not that tall to begin with, so the sizing part didn't take long. "Let me guess, you can do sensor work, flying, and gunnery. You aren't any good at repairs, seeing as your fingers are clean. You can't be much use in a Brawl, due to your size. I'll bet you're pretty stealthy, although you wouldn't know that yet, seeing as you haven't been in real combat, which I can tell by the way you stand. So tell me is there any thing you can do to convince me to hire you for my crew? Because as it stands, I've got most of that covered, and what I don't have covered, I don't need. With that, he started to walk away for the third time.

"I can cook!" I said aloud. He stopped in his tracks.

"And what makes you think I need a cook on my ship? He said with slightly renewed interest.

"The way you were standing told me that you are having slight stomach cramps from whatever you'd eaten recently. Not to mention that gut you're not doing much to hide suggests that you eat a good share. Your grouchiness reminds me of my father whenever my mother cooked something that didn't please him. And your breath smells like you've been eating spoiled Nerf for the past month." I said. "And on my Uncle's contact list, he has FOOD written next to your name." I finished, looking at him for his reaction. And I got a good reaction, his eyes went really wide.

"Mox? Your uncle is Mox Reglia? Only Mox would make note of that, because he always thought I ate too much. Alright, I guess I could use a good cook, and with your other skills, maybe you won't be so useless after all. Okay, you're hired, be ready to leave tomorrow night, the ship is on Platform 327."



Tyria - Age 24

Well it's been an action packed two years, to say the least. It seems like every other deal Marco made, we ended up being shot at by someone. I had more target practice then I ever thought I would. Both on the ship and on the ground.

About a year after hiring me, Marco lost an arm in a particularly nasty gunfight. Luckily we were next to the ship. I dragged him on board, and got us out of there. The loss of a limb provoked him into getting us a new pilot. Since I was only mediocre at best, and his jobs definitely required more. The pilot he hired was Togruta male named Hyshal Larasilaa, I don't know what he told Marco to get the job. But he must not have been lying, because my body has never done some of the stunts he would do, up till that point. So as it stood, Marco did all the talking and planning, Hyshal piloted and was a great help when things got dirty(as they usually did with Marco), and I did whatever was needed on top of all that.



Tyria - Age 25

On Tatooine. Uncle Mox was right, this place is terrible. With two suns shining down on this world, it's no wonder water is so rare. Marco and I are walking toward the meeting place to accept a deal we were offered yesterday. Hyshal is back on the ship, checking systems and making sure it's ready for a quick get-a-way.

"I'm telling you Marco, there's something about these guys. I've got a really bad feeling about this deal. Please, turn it down. I don't know what their intentions are, but I don't think they are going to bode well for us." I warned Marco.

"Tyria, you'd have to be insane not to accept this deal. They are offering 5,000 credits up front, and another 30,000 when we make it to the drop off on Nar Shadaa. And the cargo isn't even illegal, but it's in high demand on Nar Shadaa, so I'm sure that's why it's such a good deal. You don't get to be my age and not know a good deal when it jumps out at you."

"That's what I mean though, doesn't this deal seem too good to be coming from these guys." I pressed on.

"Listen, Tyria, I trust these guys, I've dealt with them before, that's probably why their giving us a good deal. Because they know me, and they know I always deliver. Just watch and learn." And with that I shut up, and followed him.

The deal went down without a hitch. And we were back on our way to the ship. The next day the clients brought the cargo, all 50 tons of it. It took all day to load it. After we were done, my bad feelings came back, and I asked Marco if Hyshal and I could go out for a quick drink before we left for the drop off on Nar Shadaa. I was hoping the drink would wash away my fears, and I asked Hyshal to come along as some protection. I knew he wouldn't mind as long as I paid for the drinks. Marco said, "sure, but make sure it's quick, and don't get Hyshal too drunk, I don't need him crashing my ship."

Hyshal and I went down the street to a cantina. It was pretty crowded, but we got a table, and talked.

"When we get to Nar Shadaa, keep a sharp look-out, I have a really bad feeling about this cargo. And I think it's going to bring us a lot more trouble than it's worth." I explained my fears to him.

"It's just cargo, any trouble that comes, we can handle, and I always keep a sharp eye." Hyshal assured me.

After finishing the drinks we left the cantina. Just as we got outside, a loud explosion knocked us off our feet. It had been close, real close. The bad feelings were back, much stronger than before. I grabbed Hyshal and ran for the ship. We got to the docking bay, only to find that the ship could no longer be described as a ship. The explosion had ripped it in two, and the two halves had fallen apart from each other. Clearly the cargo we had loaded had exploded, that was the only explanation for the condition of the ship.

I once again, grabbed Hyshal and told him to follow me. We went back down to the cantina, to discuss our options.

"I don't know if that explosion was supposed to kill us or not," I said indicating at him and myself, "I'm willing to bet who ever wanted to blow up the ship, probably just wanted Marco dead. I don't think we've been around long enough to make those kinds of enemies. Anyway, the thing is, I'm thinking about getting my own ship, you interested in being my partner?"

"Anythings better than being stuck on this rock." Hyshal said.

"Alright, let me check and see what my Uncle says about obtaining a ship. Huh?! There's just a name, Michael Searcy."

I spent the next two weeks hitting up every contact I could find, and no one seemed to know who Michael was. I was just about to quit and try getting a ship through other means, when oppurtunity came knocking. I was walking down the street toward the small flat that Hyshal and I shared, when two guys came up in front of me. One had a blaster in hand, then other seemed to only have a datapad.

"You'll find what you need here," said the guy with the datapad as he handed it to me. I took the pad and looked at it. Then I looked back up at the two guys, but they were gone. There was one note on the pad.


Docking Bay 94

M.S.



I ran toward the flat as fast as I could to tell Hyshal about my encounter. Both of us were willing to take the risk, because neither of us wanted to be stuck on this god-forsaken world any longer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home